Our Next LIVE Service Starts at 10:30am EST
Our Most Recent Service: 11-13-2019
Here are Pastor Dan’s Message Notes for this morning:
God kind of Faith
I. Faith will not work in an unforgiving heart.
A. Mark 11:25-26
B. Galatians 5:6 Faith works by love
- Love must be the dominating, motivating force behind all operations of faith.
- One of our greatest hindrances to the God-kind of faith is the big me.
- 1 Cor. 13:1-3 is a picture of sense knowledge Christianity and its gross failure.
- Love is the power charge behind the God kind of faith.
II. Faith is of the heart, not the head.
A. Romans 8:8-10 — with the heart man believes.
B. 2 Cor. 4:16. The inward man
- This inward man (spirit man) has nothing to do with the mind or the body concerning believing.
- Satan may put doubt in a person’s mind, but the Word will put faith in the heart or spirit.
- the senses control what the mind believes until the spirit man becomes dominant in a believer’s life.
- the spirit man becomes dominant through the Word. ( Acts 20:32 )
III. Faith must be released through the mouth with words.
A. Heart faith is based on the word, not on feelings.
B. Faith based on feelings will lead to spiritual ruin.
IV. Faith works by praying or saying only.
A. The man at the Gate Beautiful was raised without prayer.
B. Jesus raised the boy at Nain without prayer.
C. Peter raised Tabitha after prayer.
V. This faith will always work for you: sometimes it will work for others through you. A person has a will of his own, but in the case of newborn Christians, you can use your faith for them most of the time. `